This site is a group of monuments influenced by Islamic tradition but that also reflects European styles
The Cathedral of the Savior (Spanish: Catedral del Salvador) or La Seo de Zaragoza is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Zaragoza, in Aragon, Spain.
La Seo was built on the site of the ancient Roman forum of Augustus and of the main mosque of the Moorish city of Saraqusta, elements of whose minaret form part of the current tower. The construction began in the 12th century in the Romanesque style, and underwent many alterations and expansions until 1704, when the Baroque spire completed the tower.
The cathedral is a mixture of styles, from the Romanesque apse (12th century) to the Baroque tower and Neo-Classical main door (18th century), passing through Mudéjar and Gothic. - in: wikipedia
|Dome of La Seo|
This postcard was sent by Alfonso
In 1346 a Mudéjar dome was started to provide light at the altar, with the participation of the masters Juan de Barbastro and Domingo Serrano. The work was finished in 1376, when Don Lope Fernández de Luna was already archbishop, creating a spacious, well-lit Gothic cathedral.
In 1403 the old dome fell down. The Antipope Benedict XIII (Papa Luna), Aragonese by birth, initiated a reconstruction of the building. The Romanesque apses were elevated, two towers buttressing the sides of the apses were added, and a new dome was built in the shape of a Papal Tiara. Decorated in 1409 by the master Mohammed Rami, it may have been viewed by Benedict XIII on his visit to the city in 1410. - in: wikipedia
The Aragonese Mudejar monuments (in red what I have):
- Tower, roof and dome of the Cathedral of Saint Mary of Mediavilla, Teruel
- Tower and church of San Pedro, Teruel
- Tower and church of San Martín, Teruel
- Tower and church of The Savior, Teruel
- Apse, cloister and tower of Colegiata de Santa María, Calatayud
- Parish church of Santa Tecla, Cervera de la Cañada
- Church of Saint Mary, Tobed
- Mudéjar remains of the Palace of Aljafería, Zaragoza
- Tower and Parish church of San Pablo, Zaragoza
- Apse, parish and dome of La Seo, Zaragoza